Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Imagine savoring a delectable meal while being serenaded by the gentle lapping of waves against the shore and the picturesque view of Baltimore’s waterfront. The city’s vibrant culinary scene is further elevated by its array of restaurants that offer not only mouthwatering dishes but also stunning waterfront views. Whether you’re a seafood enthusiast or a lover of international flavors, Baltimore’s restaurants on the water have something to satisfy every palate. Join us on a gastronomic journey as we explore the best Baltimore restaurants on the water.
Aquaviva: A Mediterranean Oasis
Transport yourself to the sun-kissed shores of the Mediterranean at Aquaviva, a restaurant that seamlessly blends the flavors of Italy, Greece, and Spain. Nestled on the Baltimore Harbor, this charming eatery offers a panoramic view of the water, allowing you to indulge in a culinary experience that is as visually stunning as it is gastronomically delightful. From the moment you step foot inside Aquaviva, you are greeted with warm Mediterranean hospitality and a menu that boasts a wide range of fresh seafood, succulent meats, and vegetarian options. Don’t miss their signature dish, the seafood paella, bursting with flavors and fragrances that will transport you to the shores of the Mediterranean.
Crab Feast at Rusty Scupper
When it comes to Baltimore’s culinary scene, one cannot overlook the city’s love affair with crabs. For an authentic Maryland crab feast, head to Rusty Scupper, a waterfront gem that has been tantalizing taste buds for over 40 years. With its breathtaking views of the Inner Harbor and a menu that showcases the best of Chesapeake Bay’s seafood, Rusty Scupper is a haven for seafood lovers. Indulge in their famous Maryland crab cakes, bursting with sweet and succulent crab meat, or savor their fresh oysters, shucked to perfection. Pair your feast with a refreshing cocktail from their extensive drink menu, and you have a dining experience that truly embodies the spirit of Baltimore.
A Taste of the Orient at Thames Street Oyster House
For those seeking a fusion of international flavors, Thames Street Oyster House offers an enchanting dining experience that seamlessly blends the best of Maryland’s seafood with Asian influences. Located in the heart of historic Fells Point, this waterfront gem offers a cozy and inviting atmosphere, reminiscent of a traditional oyster house. Indulge in their extensive selection of oysters, sourced from both local and international waters, or try their mouthwatering shrimp and grits, a Southern classic with an Asian twist. With its commitment to sustainable seafood and its dedication to preserving the Chesapeake Bay, Thames Street Oyster House not only offers a memorable dining experience but also supports local fishermen and the environment.
Contemporary Elegance at The Bygone
Step into the glamorous era of the 1920s at The Bygone, a rooftop restaurant perched atop the Four Seasons Hotel. With its breathtaking panoramic views of the Inner Harbor and its opulent Art Deco-inspired decor, The Bygone offers a dining experience that is as visually stunning as it is delicious. The menu features a fusion of classic American cuisine with modern twists, showcasing the finest ingredients and culinary techniques. Indulge in their mouthwatering steaks, perfectly seared and accompanied by decadent sauces, or savor their innovative seafood dishes, expertly prepared to highlight the natural flavors of the ocean. The Bygone is not only a feast for the taste buds but also a feast for the eyes, making it a must-visit destination for those seeking a luxurious dining experience in Baltimore.
Seafood Extravaganza at Nick’s Fish House
Nestled on the shores of the Patapsco River, Nick’s Fish House offers a laid-back and casual dining experience that showcases the best of Maryland’s seafood traditions. With its vibrant and lively atmosphere, this waterfront establishment is a favorite among locals and visitors alike. Feast on their famous steamed crabs, seasoned with Old Bay seasoning and served with a side of corn on the cob and hush puppies, or indulge in their Maryland crab soup, bursting with flavors and loaded with chunks of succulent crab meat. With live music, waterfront views, and a menu that celebrates the bounty of the Chesapeake Bay, Nick’s Fish House captures the essence of Baltimore’s waterfront dining culture.
In conclusion, Baltimore’s restaurants on the water offer not only exceptional cuisine but also breathtaking views that enhance the dining experience. Whether you’re in the mood for Mediterranean flavors, a traditional Maryland crab feast, Asian fusion dishes, a luxurious dining experience, or a casual seafood extravaganza, Baltimore has it all. Soak in the charm of the city’s waterfront as you embark on a culinary journey through the best Baltimore restaurants on the water.
Frequently Requested Questions Regarding Best Baltimore Restaurants On The Water
1. What are the best restaurants on the water in Baltimore?
The best restaurants on the water in Baltimore offer not only delicious food but also stunning waterfront views. Here are three top picks:
– The Rusty Scupper: Located in the Inner Harbor, The Rusty Scupper is known for its fresh seafood and panoramic views of the harbor. With a diverse menu featuring dishes like Maryland crab cakes and Atlantic salmon, this restaurant is a popular choice for locals and tourists alike.
– Phillips Seafood: Situated in the heart of the Inner Harbor, Phillips Seafood is an iconic Baltimore restaurant known for its crab cakes. Their waterfront location allows guests to enjoy their meal while gazing out at the picturesque harbor. In addition to the famous crab cakes, Phillips Seafood also offers a variety of other seafood dishes.
– Thames Street Oyster House: Situated in the historic Fells Point neighborhood, Thames Street Oyster House is a charming seafood restaurant with a beautiful waterfront setting. Known for its fresh oysters and seafood towers, this restaurant offers a unique dining experience with its nautical-themed decor and water views.
1. Location: The Rusty Scupper, Phillips Seafood, and Thames Street Oyster House are all located in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor or Fells Point neighborhood.
2. Seafood: These restaurants are known for their seafood dishes, including Maryland crab cakes, fresh oysters, and other seafood specialties.
3. Waterfront views: One of the main attractions of these restaurants is the opportunity to enjoy a meal while overlooking the water.
2. Are there any waterfront restaurants in Baltimore that offer vegetarian options?
While seafood is a highlight of many waterfront restaurants in Baltimore, there are also options available for vegetarian diners. Here are three waterfront restaurants that cater to vegetarian preferences:
– The Waterfront Kitchen: Located in Fells Point, The Waterfront Kitchen offers a farm-to-table dining experience with a focus on sustainability. Their menu includes a variety of vegetarian options, such as roasted vegetable risotto and cauliflower steak, that are sure to satisfy any vegetarian palate.
– The Fork & Wrench: Situated in Canton, The Fork & Wrench is a unique waterfront restaurant that offers a mix of American and global cuisine. While they do have seafood and meat options, they also have vegetarian dishes like roasted beet salad and ricotta gnocchi.
– The Charmery: If you’re looking for a sweet treat, The Charmery is a must-visit. Located in Hampden, this waterfront ice cream shop offers a variety of unique, handcrafted flavors, including vegan options made with coconut milk.
1. Vegetarian options: The Waterfront Kitchen, The Fork & Wrench, and The Charmery all offer vegetarian dishes or options on their menus.
2. Locations: These restaurants are located in different neighborhoods of Baltimore, including Fells Point, Canton, and Hampden.
3. Specialties: While The Waterfront Kitchen and The Fork & Wrench offer a full dining experience, The Charmery is known for its delicious ice cream and vegan options.
3. What are some family-friendly waterfront restaurants in Baltimore?
If you’re looking for a waterfront restaurant in Baltimore that caters to families, there are several options that offer a welcoming atmosphere for all ages. Here are three family-friendly choices:
– Captain James Landing: Located in Canton, Captain James Landing is a popular family-friendly seafood restaurant with a pirate theme. The kids will love the pirate ship playground while the adults can enjoy the waterfront views and fresh seafood options.
– Miss Shirley’s Cafe: Situated in the Inner Harbor, Miss Shirley’s Cafe is a brunch spot known for its Southern-inspired dishes. With a children’s menu and a relaxed atmosphere, it’s a great place for families to enjoy a meal together.
– Bo Brooks: Bo Brooks is a waterfront restaurant in Canton that has been serving Baltimore for over 50 years. Known for its Maryland crab cakes, this restaurant offers a casual dining experience suitable for families.
1. Family-friendly atmosphere: Captain James Landing, Miss Shirley’s Cafe, and Bo Brooks all provide a welcoming environment for families with children.
2. Locations: These restaurants are located in different neighborhoods, including Canton and the Inner Harbor.
3. Features: Captain James Landing has a pirate ship playground, Miss Shirley’s Cafe offers a children’s menu, and Bo Brooks is known for its crab cakes.
4. Can I make a reservation at these waterfront restaurants in Baltimore?
Yes, you can make reservations at most waterfront restaurants in Baltimore. While walk-ins are often welcome, it’s recommended to make a reservation, especially during peak dining hours or on weekends. Here are three methods to make a reservation:
– Online: Many waterfront restaurants in Baltimore have online reservation systems on their websites. Simply visit the restaurant’s website, find the reservations section, and follow the instructions to secure your table.
– Phone: Another option is to call the restaurant directly and make a reservation over the phone. The restaurant’s phone number is usually available on their website or through a quick online search.
– Third-party platforms: Some restaurants may also accept reservations through third-party platforms like OpenTable. These platforms allow you to search for available tables at your desired date and time and make a reservation online.
1. Reservation options: Most waterfront restaurants in Baltimore offer online and phone reservations.
2. Timing: It’s advisable to make a reservation, especially during busy times, to secure your preferred dining time.
3. Third-party platforms: Some restaurants may also accept reservations through platforms like OpenTable, providing an additional option for making a reservation.
5. Do these waterfront restaurants in Baltimore offer outdoor seating?
Yes, many waterfront restaurants in Baltimore offer outdoor seating options, allowing guests to enjoy their meal while taking in the scenic views. Here are three restaurants with outdoor seating:
– The Boathouse Canton: Located in Canton, The Boathouse offers a spacious outdoor deck with stunning waterfront views. It’s a great spot to enjoy a meal while watching boats sail by on the water.
– Little Havana: Situated in Federal Hill, Little Havana has a beautiful outdoor patio where guests can dine while enjoying views of the Inner Harbor. This restaurant offers a mix of Cuban and Latin American cuisine.
– Sandlot: Sandlot is a unique waterfront destination in Harbor Point that features a sandy beach area with picnic tables and a bar. It’s a great spot to relax, enjoy some food and drinks, and soak up the sun.
1. Outdoor seating: The Boathouse Canton, Little Havana, and Sandlot all offer outdoor seating options.
2. Locations: These restaurants are located in different neighborhoods, including Canton, Federal Hill, and Harbor Point.
3. Atmosphere: The outdoor seating areas provide a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere, perfect for taking in the waterfront views.
1. All Baltimore restaurants on the water are expensive
Contrary to common belief, not all Baltimore restaurants located near the water are exorbitantly priced. While it is true that some waterfront establishments may have higher price points due to their scenic locations and the ambiance they offer, there are also many affordable options available. From casual seafood shacks to family-friendly eateries, the Baltimore waterfront dining scene caters to a wide range of budgets and preferences.
2. Baltimore restaurants on the water only serve seafood
While Baltimore is renowned for its seafood, it is a misconception that waterfront restaurants in the city exclusively serve seafood dishes. The dining options along Baltimore’s waterfront are diverse and varied, offering a wide array of cuisines to suit different palates. Whether you’re in the mood for Italian, Mexican, American, or Asian cuisine, you can find restaurants along the water that cater to these preferences. While seafood may be a prominent feature on many menus, it is by no means the only option available.
3. All Baltimore waterfront restaurants have a dress code
Another common misconception is that all Baltimore restaurants located on the water enforce a strict dress code. While some upscale waterfront establishments may have specific dress requirements, many of the restaurants along the Baltimore waterfront are casual and have a relaxed atmosphere. Visitors can often dine in comfortable attire, including casual clothing suitable for a day by the water. Of course, it is always wise to check the dress code policy of a specific restaurant before dining there, but the idea that all waterfront restaurants in Baltimore have strict dress codes is simply untrue.
4. Baltimore waterfront restaurants are always crowded and require reservations
Although popular waterfront restaurants in Baltimore may experience high demand during peak times, it is not always necessary to make reservations in advance. While it is advisable to book a table at popular establishments or during busy periods, many waterfront restaurants are capable of accommodating walk-in customers, particularly during off-peak hours. Moreover, Baltimore’s waterfront dining scene offers a wide range of options, and it is often possible to find less crowded restaurants or hidden gems that do not require reservations.
5. The best Baltimore waterfront restaurants are only found in the Inner Harbor
While the Inner Harbor is undoubtedly a popular destination for waterfront dining, it is a misconception that the best Baltimore waterfront restaurants can only be found in this area. While the Inner Harbor boasts a vibrant culinary scene with a plethora of dining options, there are numerous other neighborhoods and waterfront areas in Baltimore that offer exceptional dining experiences. From Fells Point to Canton and beyond, exploring other parts of the city can lead to discovering hidden culinary gems and experiencing a diverse range of waterfront dining options.
Best Baltimore Restaurants On The WaterBaltimore News
#Baltimore #Restaurants #Water