Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Baltimore, also known as The “Charm City,” is famous not only for its rich history and vibrant culture but also for its delectable seafood. From succulent crabs to mouthwatering oysters, Baltimore seafood restaurants offer a wide array of options that will satisfy even the most discerning palates. In this article, we will explore the best seafood restaurants in Baltimore, each offering a unique dining experience that combines freshness, flavor, and impeccable service.
1. The Local Catch
Nestled in the heart of Baltimore, The Local Catch is a hidden gem that seafood enthusiasts cannot afford to miss. This cozy restaurant prides itself on sourcing their seafood directly from local fishermen, ensuring the freshest catch possible. Their menu features a variety of dishes, including the iconic Maryland crab cakes, steamed shrimp, and creamy clam chowder. Every bite at The Local Catch is bursting with the flavors of the sea, leaving you craving for more.
2. The Rusty Anchor
For those seeking a waterfront dining experience, The Rusty Anchor is the perfect choice. Situated on the scenic Inner Harbor, this seafood restaurant offers breathtaking views of the water while indulging in a feast of seafood delights. Their menu showcases an extensive selection of seafood, from classic Chesapeake Bay crab specialties to grilled fish with zesty marinades. The Rusty Anchor’s attentive staff and inviting atmosphere create an unforgettable dining experience that will make you return time and time again.
3. Thames Street Oyster House
If oysters are your passion, then Thames Street Oyster House will be your haven. This charming restaurant is dedicated to serving the finest oysters from both local and international waters. From delicate East Coast varieties to briny West Coast favorites, Thames Street Oyster House offers an oyster experience like no other. The menu also features other seafood delicacies, such as lobster rolls, crab bisque, and seared scallops. Prepare to be captivated by the flavors of the ocean in this quaint oyster house.
4. Faidley’s Seafood
No list of Baltimore seafood restaurants would be complete without mentioning Faidley’s Seafood. With a history dating back to 1886, this iconic establishment has been serving up seafood excellence for generations. Faidley’s is renowned for its jumbo lump crab cakes, which are considered some of the best in the city. The crab cakes are made using a secret family recipe, ensuring a perfect balance of sweet crabmeat and flavorful spices. Whether you opt for the crab cakes or the fresh shucked oysters, Faidley’s will transport you to seafood heaven.
5. The Prime Rib
While not solely a seafood restaurant, The Prime Rib deserves a spot on this list for its exceptional seafood offerings. This upscale steakhouse boasts a wide selection of seafood options, including succulent lobster tails, tender grilled salmon, and buttery shrimp scampi. The Prime Rib’s elegant ambiance and impeccable service make it the perfect choice for a special occasion or a romantic dinner. Indulge in the finest seafood dishes while reveling in the old-world charm of this Baltimore institution.
Baltimore’s seafood scene is a treasure trove waiting to be explored. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, these five seafood restaurants offer an unparalleled dining experience that celebrates the flavors of the sea. From the fresh catch at The Local Catch to the oyster haven of Thames Street Oyster House, each restaurant on this list has something unique to offer. So, dive in and savor the taste of Baltimore’s best seafood.
Top Inquiries About Best Baltimore Seafood Restaurants
1. What are the top seafood restaurants in Baltimore?
The top seafood restaurants in Baltimore offer a wide variety of fresh and delicious seafood dishes. Some of the best options include:
1. Thames Street Oyster House: Known for its oyster selection and seafood-focused menu, Thames Street Oyster House offers a cozy and intimate dining experience. Their menu features a range of seafood dishes, including crab cakes, lobster rolls, and fresh fish.
2. Faidley’s Seafood: Located in Lexington Market, Faidley’s Seafood is a Baltimore institution. It is famous for its jumbo lump crab cakes, which are made from a secret family recipe. In addition to their crab cakes, Faidley’s also offers a variety of other seafood options, such as steamed shrimp and oysters.
3. Rusty Scupper: Situated on the Inner Harbor, Rusty Scupper offers stunning views of the waterfront along with a menu filled with seafood delicacies. Their offerings include Maryland-style crab cakes, fresh oysters, and a variety of fish dishes. The restaurant also has a rooftop deck, perfect for enjoying a meal with a view.
– Thames Street Oyster House is known for its oyster selection and seafood-focused menu.
– Faidley’s Seafood is famous for its jumbo lump crab cakes.
– Rusty Scupper offers waterfront views and a menu filled with seafood delicacies.
2. Where can I find the best crab cakes in Baltimore?
When it comes to crab cakes, Baltimore is known for serving some of the best in the country. Here are three restaurants that are renowned for their crab cakes:
1. G&M Restaurant: Located in Linthicum Heights, G&M Restaurant is a local favorite for crab cakes. Their crab cakes are made from jumbo lump crab meat and have a perfect balance of seasoning. They are often described as large, flavorful, and full of crab meat.
2. Mama’s on the Half Shell: Situated in Canton, Mama’s on the Half Shell serves up delicious Maryland-style crab cakes. Their crab cakes are made with a combination of jumbo lump and backfin crab meat and are known for their generous portions. They also offer a variety of dipping sauces to enhance the flavor.
3. Koco’s Pub: Located in Lauraville, Koco’s Pub is known for its colossal-sized crab cakes. These crab cakes are made with jumbo lump crab meat and very little filler, allowing the natural sweetness of the crab to shine through. They are often praised for their perfect texture and flavor.
– G&M Restaurant is known for large crab cakes made from jumbo lump crab meat.
– Mama’s on the Half Shell offers Maryland-style crab cakes with generous portions.
– Koco’s Pub is known for colossal-sized crab cakes made with minimal filler.
3. What seafood dishes are Baltimore known for?
Baltimore is famous for its seafood, and there are several dishes that the city is known for. Some of the most popular seafood dishes in Baltimore include:
1. Maryland-style Crab Cakes: Baltimore is renowned for its crab cakes, which are made with jumbo lump crab meat and minimal filler. These crab cakes are typically seasoned with Old Bay seasoning and are often served with a side of tartar sauce or remoulade.
2. Steamed Blue Crabs: Baltimore is also known for its steamed blue crabs, which are typically seasoned with Old Bay seasoning. Steamed crabs are a local delicacy and are often enjoyed with friends and family at crab feasts. They are served with melted butter for dipping and are a must-try when visiting Baltimore.
3. Oysters: Baltimore is home to a variety of oyster bars and restaurants that offer fresh oysters from both the Chesapeake Bay and other regions. Oysters can be enjoyed raw, steamed, or fried, and are often accompanied by mignonette sauce, cocktail sauce, or a squeeze of lemon.
– Baltimore is known for Maryland-style crab cakes made with jumbo lump crab meat.
– Steamed blue crabs seasoned with Old Bay seasoning are a local delicacy.
– Baltimore offers a variety of oyster bars that serve fresh oysters from the Chesapeake Bay and beyond.
4. What are some seafood options for non-seafood lovers in Baltimore?
While Baltimore is famous for its seafood, there are also plenty of options available for non-seafood lovers. Here are a few seafood restaurants in Baltimore that offer non-seafood dishes:
1. The Capital Grille: Located in the Inner Harbor, The Capital Grille is a steakhouse that offers a variety of non-seafood options. Their menu includes prime steaks, lamb chops, and chicken dishes, making it a great choice for those who prefer land-based proteins.
2. La Scala: Situated in Little Italy, La Scala is an Italian restaurant that caters to a variety of tastes. While they have a selection of seafood dishes, they also offer a range of pasta, chicken, and veal options. Non-seafood lovers can enjoy classic Italian dishes like spaghetti carbonara or chicken piccata.
3. The Helmand: Known for its Afghan cuisine, The Helmand offers a unique dining experience in Baltimore. They have a variety of vegetarian dishes, as well as options like lamb and chicken kebabs. Non-seafood lovers can explore the flavors of Afghanistan without having to indulge in seafood.
– The Capital Grille offers prime steaks, lamb chops, and chicken dishes.
– La Scala has a variety of pasta, chicken, and veal options in addition to seafood.
– The Helmand serves Afghan cuisine with vegetarian dishes and meat options like lamb and chicken.
5. Are there any waterfront seafood restaurants in Baltimore?
Baltimore’s waterfront location offers the opportunity to dine at seafood restaurants with beautiful views. Here are three waterfront seafood restaurants in Baltimore:
1. The Oceanaire Seafood Room: Located in the Inner Harbor, The Oceanaire Seafood Room offers a fine dining experience with a focus on fresh seafood. Their menu features a variety of seafood options, including oysters, lobster, and fresh fish. The restaurant also has a waterfront patio where guests can enjoy their meal while overlooking the harbor.
2. The Boathouse Canton: Situated in Canton, The Boathouse Canton offers waterfront dining right on the marina. Their menu features a variety of seafood dishes, such as crab cakes, shrimp, and scallops. The restaurant’s outdoor deck provides a picturesque setting for enjoying a meal with views of the water.
3. The Point in Fells: Located in Fells Point, The Point is a waterfront restaurant with a focus on seafood. Their menu includes a variety of seafood options, such as steamed mussels, grilled salmon, and crab cakes. Guests can enjoy their meal while taking in the views of the harbor from the restaurant’s outdoor seating area.
– The Oceanaire Seafood Room offers fine dining with a waterfront patio overlooking the Inner Harbor.
– The Boathouse Canton provides waterfront dining on the marina with an outdoor deck.
– The Point in Fells is a waterfront restaurant in Fells Point with outdoor seating and harbor views.
1. All Best Baltimore Seafood Restaurants are expensive
Many people assume that all the best seafood restaurants in Baltimore come with a hefty price tag. While it’s true that some high-end establishments may be pricier, there are also plenty of affordable options available. Baltimore offers a diverse range of seafood restaurants that cater to various budgets, ensuring that everyone can enjoy delicious seafood without breaking the bank.
2. Best Baltimore Seafood Restaurants only serve crabs
Another common misconception is that the best seafood restaurants in Baltimore only specialize in serving crabs. While Baltimore is famous for its crabs and crab-related dishes like crab cakes and crab soup, there is much more to its seafood scene. In addition to crabs, you can find a wide variety of fish, oysters, clams, shrimp, and other seafood delights at the best seafood restaurants in Baltimore.
3. Best Baltimore Seafood Restaurants are only located in the Inner Harbor
The Inner Harbor is undoubtedly a popular tourist destination in Baltimore, but it’s not the only place to find the best seafood restaurants. While there are indeed some excellent seafood establishments in the Inner Harbor, Baltimore is a city with a rich maritime history, and its seafood restaurants can be found in various neighborhoods throughout the city. From Canton to Fells Point and beyond, there are hidden gems waiting to be discovered in every corner of Baltimore.
4. Best Baltimore Seafood Restaurants are always crowded
While it’s true that some of the best seafood restaurants in Baltimore can get busy, not all of them are constantly packed. While it’s always a good idea to make a reservation, especially during peak times, there are plenty of excellent seafood restaurants in Baltimore where you can enjoy a more relaxed dining experience. Exploring lesser-known or off-peak dining times can often lead to discovering hidden gems without the hassle of crowds.
5. Best Baltimore Seafood Restaurants are only for seafood lovers
Many people assume that the best seafood restaurants in Baltimore are only suitable for die-hard seafood enthusiasts. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth. While seafood is the star of the show, the best seafood restaurants in Baltimore also offer a variety of non-seafood options to cater to different dietary preferences. Whether you’re a seafood lover or not, these restaurants often have something for everyone, including vegetarian, gluten-free, or meat-centric dishes, ensuring that everyone can find something to enjoy.
Best Baltimore Seafood RestaurantsBaltimore News
#Baltimore #Seafood #Restaurants